Council will argue against a proposal for an amended development plan at 10 Alvina Street (Oakleigh South) at an upcoming hearing before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
At its August 2017 meeting, Council resolved to not approve the submitted Development Plan, citing the following grounds for concern:
- the plan does not satisfy the requirements and decision guidelines of Schedule 5 to the Development Plan overlay
- the plan poorly integrates with the neighbourhood character
- the scale and density of the plan is excessive
- the plan does not provide for appropriate inclusion and retention of existing vegetation
- the plan is inconsistent with Council's Residential Development and Character Policy.
The developer appealed to VCAT against Council's refusal of the original proposal in September 2015.
This means that VCAT will now be the body that decides on whether the proposal goes ahead. The VCAT hearing commenced on Monday 4 September 2017, occurring over two days.