Council is seeking your views on our new draft health and wellbeing strategy. A Healthy and Resilient Monash: Integrated Plan 2017-2021 represents our combined efforts to support the Monash community to lead healthy, happy and fulfilled lives.
I've had the great pleasure of Chairing the Steering Committee which has helped to develop the integrated plan for A Healthy and Resilient Monash 2017-2021.
The draft was approved by Council at our August meeting, and is now open for public comment. You can have your say at this link.
You may wish to provide feedback on some of the following activities the Plan proposes:
- promoting active transport;
- developing a network of accessible playspaces that provide activity opportunities for all ages;
- advocating to limit gambling-based harm;
- promoting the public health benefits of immunisation;
- advocating for youth mental health services to be based in the City of Monash;
- advocating for sufficient community and social infrastructure to support new housing developments;
- making Monash as walkable and accessible as possible, including places to rest, public toilets, and wayfinding signage;
- providing safe on and off-road cycling paths;
- building connections with new migrants, refugees and emerging communities;
- facilitating community resilience in adapting to climate change;
- exploring the development of an affordable housing strategy;
- attaining UN accreditation as a Child-Friendly City.